Table of Contents
Module 1: Understanding Ayurveda
1. History and Philosophy: origins and the Vedas, Ayurvedic/Sankhya philosophy, cosmology, Ayurveda today.
2. The Role of Meditation: How to meditate, benefits, science of meditation.
Module 2: The Foundations of Ayurveda
3. The Five Elements: the 20 attributes
4. Three Doshas and their main characteristics.
5. Prakruti and Vikruti: assessing your ayurvedic constitution.
6. Agni: the vital role of the digestive fire.
Module 3: Going Deeper into Ayurvedic Anatomy
7. The 15 Subdoshas
8. Ayurvedic Anatomy: seven dhatus, three malas, the srotas, the importance of ojas.
9. Ayurveda, the Mind and Emotions: the subtle anatomy of the mind, prana, tejas and ojas, the three gunas.
Module 4: Taste and the Healing Power of Food
10. Foods can be your Medicine: food and your constitution, the six tastes, food combinations, recipes.
Module 5: The Healing Role of Herbs and Spices
11. How to Use Herbs and Herbal Preparations: herbal constituents, actions, qualities and preparations.
12: A Directory of 40 Ayurvedic Herbs: including amalaki, shatavari, ashwagandha, gotu kola, manjishta, bacopa, sariva, gokshura, punarnava, turmeric, frankincense.
Module 6: Creating a Healthy Lifestyle and Preventing Disease
13. Preventative Health: living with daily and seasonal routines, Seasonal advice for maintaining balance of the doshas, signs and symptoms of health.
14. Living the Sattvic Way: the path to health through sattvic living including herbs, meditation, pranayama, and lifestyle for mind and body.
Module 7 The Importance of Detoxification
15. Treatment of Agni: stages of digestion, agni and the doshas.
16. The Importance of Detoxification: the causes and six stages of disease, disease pathways, types of toxins, preventative measures, seasonal times to detox.
17. Methods of Detoxification: ama-reducing diet, home detoxification, raising agni, clearing ama with herbs and spices, the role of and treatments of panchakarma.
Module 8 Returning to Health through Ayurveda
18. Ayurvedic Assessment Techniques: the role of the practitioner, pulse and tongue diagnosis, the ten assessments and eight examinations.
19. Balancing the Doshas: symptoms of aggravation of the doshas, treatment of the doshas using diet, herbs and lifestyle.
20. Balancing the Heart and Mind: role of the mind in health, mental prakruti, balancing the gunas, cultivating sattva, and treatment of prana vata, sadhaka pitta and tarpaka kapha.
21. Ojas, Rejuvenation and Longevity: concept of rasayana, ojas, rasayana foods, herbs, aromatherapy and lifestyle.