Hot milk recipe for a good night’s sleep
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or rice milk
- 2 tsp ground almonds
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp ashwagandha powder
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Heat the milk on low and stir in the ground almonds and the powders. Once milk is removed from the heat add the rose water and 1 tsp honey. Drink for a sound sleep for vata people!
- 2 tbsps of yoghurt
- 1 cup of pure water
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander seeds
- A pinch or two of rose petal powder or 1 tsp rose petal elixir.
- This is a delicious drink to aid digestion and absorption, particularly for pitta people and can be taken during or after a meal. You can also flavour lassi with either raw sugar or honey and a little ground cardamom, or with toasted ground cumin seeds and salt.
Cumin, Coriander and Fennel Tea
A wonderfully aromatic tea, suitable for long-term use for all three doshas and for all ages. It stimulates digestion, absorption and metabolism and is helpful for low agni and overweight.
- 1/2 tsp coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- Add to 1 1/2 cups of water in a pan, cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then strain and drink half an hour before eating.